Light electric vehicles (LEV) have become an important factor in road transport.
E-bikes were the first real e-mobility application being produced in millions of units. People enjoy the extra power from the motor enabling them to make longer and much more relaxed bike tours especially in hilly areas.
Since then many other types of light electric vehicles have ramped up quickly, e.g. electric kickscooters or electric scooters.
Miniaturization of electronic components with high performance was the first step that enabled lightweight vehicles and high ranges at the same time.
Würth Elektronik develops and manufactures electronic and electromechanical components for a wide range of these applications. Swipe over the plusses, to learn more about electronic products insight light electric vehicle.
- ANP015 Line filter – The last barrier in the switch mode power supply
- ANP028 The world's first peak current load SMT ferrite
- ANP029 Accurate Inductor Loss Determination using REDEXPERT
- ANP031 Determination of the Ideal Power Inductor for Energy-efficient Applications
- ANP041 Peak Current Proof Input Filter with Multilayer Power Suppression Bead WE-MPSB
- ANP044 Impact of the layout, components, and filters on the EMC of modern DC/DC switching controllers
- ANR019 Proteus-III UART SPI a comparison
- ANR020 Proteus-III Remote GPIO Control
Top Sellers for E-Bikes
WE-MAPI SMT Power Inductor
- Magnetic iron alloy allows high rated currents
- Compact design
- Magnetically shielded
- High current capability and handles high transient current spikes
- Low acoustic noise and low leakage flux noise
- AEC-Q 200 qualified
WE-CMB Common Mode Power Line Choke
- Broadband filtering due to low capacitance winding technique
- High suppression of asymmetrical interferences also at low frequency range
- Very compact design
- Highest possible rated current by small size
WE-VD Disk Varistor
- Low clamping voltage
- After a surge impulse the varistor works immediately in normal mode so there is no slip current
- Excellent absorption at surge impulses
WE-MPSB EMI Multilayer Power Suppression Bead
- Specified peak current capability
- Ultra low RDC
- High rated current up to 10.5 A
- Operating temperature: -55 °C to +125 °C
- AEC-Q200 qualified