Flex, TWINflex® and flex-rigid solutions for dependable system solutions
Rigid-flex circuit boards are those consisting of a combination of flexible and rigid circuit board areas and are always processed in a single delivery panel.
Understand and successfully utilize flex-rigid PCBs. In order to support you in this aim, we have made special samples for you. Order your flex-rigid PCB samples today and get to know the technology better.
The rigid circuit board areas serve as the solid base to which components, control elements and connectors are added; they are joined together by the continous flexible circuitry.
These flexible connections make it possible to position and connect component-bearing rigid circuit boards functionally in difficult spatial configurations, thus saving space.
Rigid-flex technology will open up for evermore applications through standardization of materials and processes, especially considering the aspects of system costs and testability / reliability.
If the options of rigid-flex circuit boards are taken into consideration and coordinated at an early stage during the design, this technology offers many advantages:
- 3-dimensional wiring can miniaturize the need for space
- Elimination of connectors and less laminate means less weight
- Reduction of electrical joints ensures better reliability
- Mounting is easier to deal with compared with pure flexible circuit boards alone
- Even difficult contacts are detachable and thus simplify assembly
- Testing conditions are simplified, a full test is possible prior to assembly
- The expense of logistics and assembly is considerably lower with rigid-flex circuit boards