The AMBER PI provides two I²C and two SPI sockets to connect other I²C- and SPI-slaves to it. As delivered, the AMBER PI Kit includes the following sensor boards that contain three different sensors. The fourth board can be used as base PCB for the prototypic integration of custom sensors.
The PROTO SPI is a mini breadboard including the 4-wire SPI signals plus the power signals +3.3 V and GND. This board serves a 2.54 mm grid for hand soldering prototypes of custom sensors. The HTS221 is an ultra-compact sensor for relative humidity and temperature. The LPS22HB is an ultra-compact piezo resistive absolute pressure sensor, which functions as a digital output barometer. The LIS2DW12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer. The Tarvos-III USB radio stick operates as remote station to the AMBER-PI using compatible radio profiles.
With this dongle, a bidirectional wireless bridge can be established, transmitting the current sensor values for example. It is also a dipole antenna with SMA-connector, enabling wireless data transmission with extended range, in the AMBER-PI Design Kit included.
- Gateway: Sub-1-GHz to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Ethernet
- Data collector for Sub-1-GHz radio devices
- Wireless remote control station (Model airplane)
- Rapid prototyping for wireless data transmission applications
- Mobile wireless sensor board for home and industrial environment (Weather station, Motion tracking)